Fawley Men's Sheds

Technoterri - Fawley
This article was copied from Here & Now, the magazine of the Parish of Fawley, August 2018. Barry Coyston is the Fawley Parish Councillor for Holbury. Coordinator for Fawley Men's Sheds.

Fawley Men's Sheds will be ready to start very soon. Premises will be available from the begining of August and it is hoped to commence with an inaugural get together in early September. Please keep your eyes peeled for the start date so you don't miss the opportunity to come along and join us from the outset.

Men's Sheds are set up by men to get together to learn new skills (donated tools etc. are welcome) to make that special item for children, grandchildren or even great grandchildren, to learn new hobbies and sports.

We are directly linked to Gang Warily, but not run by them. If enough of our members want to learn a new sport or improve their fitness we will negotiate special rates for them. One of our first targets is to negotiate discounts with local suppliers.

Got a broken piece of equipment at home or in the garden? The more members we have, the more likely we will have somebody with the inside knowledge to fix it. Difficult to overcome garden problem? As we progress, chances are we will have somebody who has already overcome that problem Home alone? Join us. It will be something to do, one or two afternoons a week.

Though membership fees are not yet fixed, they will be reasonable. Tea & coffee will be available. We will even have an open day to welcome new members, or just sightseers to show the world we have arrived. Contact me on 02380 899809 or leave a message at Gang Warily Sports Centre. Computer savvy? Then email me: barry.coyston@yahoo.com will find me. I look forward to hearing from you.
                                                                                                                             Barry Coyston

Re: Fawley Men's Sheds - update

Technoterri - Fawley
Fawley Men's Shed is now up and running in a small industrial industrial, just down the road from Gang Warily Sports Centre. Initially financed by the Parish Council and a grant from Exxon.
   At our first meeting, in our shed, our membership reached double figures.
   We are fortunate that we also have a New Forest District Councillor serving on the committee, who brought a £300 grant with him from the Council. I understand, Hythe, New Milton and Totton & Eling are also discussing Men's Sheds.
   I have also connected with Southampton Shed, which is part of a Hacker-space project. I also researched Men's Sheds on YouTube where I discovered about 200 videos from around the world.  8-)