Insurance

Malcolm-RomseyMens Shed
Hello from Romsey Men's Shed.  Our insurance company (Zurich) is asking for 50% increase in premium to cover our monthly RepairShed (like a Repair Cafe).  Seems excessive so we want to shop around so wondered if Sheds had had similar issues or could recommend a broker or insurance company.
Thanks,  Malcolm

Re: Insurance

SMS Network Coordinator
Administrator

Hi Malcolm,

We have had John Mitchell to a number of our meetings who represents Export and General Insurance.

They have set up a specific policy aimed at Men's Sheds.

you can request a quote through their website at: www.exportandgeneral.co.uk/mens-shed-insurance.php

Alternatively you can contact John directly either by email or phone.

Desk:                       0208 255 0617  Mobile:  07768 865983

Email:                      john.mitchell@exportandgeneral.co.uk

There is also a post on this forum from Poole Men's Shed: -

    Our annual premium is under £300 and covers PLI, Contents, Public functions. & Trustee insurance.
    Each shed will differ so any comparison is difficult.

    www.insyncinsurance.co.uk

    They are happy to give quotes to 'Sheds' and the best number for new business is 0330 1240730.

You may also find it useful to enter Insurance in the search field
(entry field with small magnifying glass in top right-hand corner) of this forum to see other posts
entered in the past, regarding insurance.

I hope this is of some use.

Stephen Redrup (SMSN Co-ordinator)

Re: Insurance

Malcolm-RomseyMens Shed
Many thanks, Stephen.

Have made contact with John (thanks to Andi at Eastleigh) and looking promising.
Do you know of any more sheds who use him?

I’ve lost confidence in Zurich as they seem muddled and overestimating the risk.

Incidentally I’m the new chairman of Romsey as Graham resigned before Christmas.  Perhaps you could give me as the new contact point.

BW Malcolm

On 18 Feb 2019, at 19:51, SMS Network Coordinator [via Southern Men's Shed Network Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Malcolm,

We have had John Mitchell to a number of our meetings who represents Export and General Insurance.
They have set up a specific policy aimed at Men's Sheds.

you can request a quote through their website at: www.exportandgeneral.co.uk/mens-shed-insurance.php

Alternatively you can contact John directly either by email or phone.

Desk:                       0208 255 0617  Mobile:  07768 865983

Email:                      [hidden email]

I hope this is of some use.
Stephen Redrup (SMSN Co-ordinator)

http://southern-men-s-shed-network-forum.2354376.n4.nabble.com/Insurance-tp340p341.html
To unsubscribe from Insurance, click here.
NAML

Re: Insurance

Malcolm-RomseyMens Shed
Many thanks Steve and Poole.

We now have insurance through Chris Varley of Export and General - very quick and efficient.  Understands sheds and tailored policy to our needs (Public and product liability £10m, buildings and contents) for £470 - and saved us £200 on Zurich (boo!).  Would recommend

Malcolm

Re: Insurance

Andi
John Mitchell is no longer with Export & General, his phone number remains the same, but he now operates as Wessex Business Hub based in Overton
Andi Saunders
Treasurer Eastleigh Mens Shed

Re: Insurance

Malcolm-RomseyMens Shed
Thanks, Andi,

Did get through to John, had a long chat and he promised to to get back to us but haven’t heard yet.

But all is well - we also contacted Clive Varley at Export and General.  He’s still doing shed insurance and fixed up a package for us - saving £300 on Zurich.  Was really helpful and was able to tailor to our needs (Public and product liability, building and contents).  Because we’re on a school site they asked for a higher level of public liability.  Would recommend him in future.

BW Malcolm

On 2 Mar 2019, at 10:22, Andi [via Southern Men's Shed Network Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

John Mitchell is no longer with Export & General, his phone number remains the same, but he now operates as Wessex Business Hub based in Overton

http://southern-men-s-shed-network-forum.2354376.n4.nabble.com/Insurance-tp340p344.html
To unsubscribe from Insurance, click here.
NAML

Re: Insurance

WestWightShed
Hi All

We have just done our insurance through Export & General Inurance Services. Best person to contact is Chris Varley who is the Proprietor & CEO his contact details are:

Office 020 8255 0617
Mobile 07973 509961
Email chris.varley@exportandgeneral.co.uk

We got: