Meeting actions and decisions 16-Feb-16

Mike Brading
Administrator
Peter, Steve and Mike met in Twyford today. There are the actions:

Mike to continue to develop the Configuration program for the multisite Wordpress system
Steve and Peter to get better understanding of Wordpress
Peter to look into WordPress Themes and propose one that seems suitable as a base theme (one we might evolve) for the generic Shed site [Note, the theme for the top level site can and may need to be different]
Steve to work out what documents system should look like and decide how to manage getting others involved in the development of base documents for use by Sheds.
Peter to propose a design for the home page, especially the layout and what goes on it. [Is this the top level site or a Shed level site? They will differ.]
Mike to issue the "How to make a page configurable" document
Mike to update the features list and add to this forum.

Subject to someone finding a good reason not to, we decided to build the system using WordPress Multisite because: it's free, it's widely used, it's capable.

Please add any comments and corrections to this topic.

Mike

Meeting actions and decisions 16-Feb-16

SMS Network Coordinator
Administrator
In Addition: -

Peter and Steve to each look at possible options for Photo Gallery and News Page techniques.
Agree at future date as to which discovered methods would be best for our Template Pages.

Stephen Redrup (SMSN Co-ordinator)

Re: Meeting actions and decisions 16-Feb-16

Colden Common Shed
Hi Guys,
I've looked at quite a number of templates, and the one that seems the best from a web (as opposed to Blog) usage is the Museum Core template. It provides for 2 menus which I suggest cover the Background & scope, and the other one the various shed activities.

It's not letting me add more than 2 images and then the send failed, so I'll email them to you.
Cheers, Peter