Open evening and Macmillan Cancer presentation

Open evening and Macmillan Cancer presentation

chris nixon

Fareham Men’s Shed Open Evening
November 18th—19:30 at Titchfield Festival Theatre

Fareham Men’s Shed is organising an open evening including:

A presentation  of the history of our Shed
A talk about  the most prolific amateur theatre in the country

And featuring a guest speaker from Macmillan Cancer Support

This is NOT intended as a fund raising occasion but more of a
Community Connection Event. It is open to all.
We have the use of  the Titchfield Festival Theatre but there is limited seating availability. If there is enough support a bar will be available during the evening.
Tours of the Shed itself will be arranged but will have to be carried out in small groups.
Details: https://farehammensshed.org.uk/macmillan.php
Please order tickets at
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/fareham-mens-shed-macmillan-presentation-tickets-77513816913

Re: Open evening and Macmillan Cancer presentation

chris nixon
Well last night proved to be a great success. Couldn't count the number of people there because the spot lights made it difficult, but from reports by others they reckon that there were between 50 and 60. Unfortunately Kevin, the one who was supposed to give the talk about the Theatre, had jetted off to China in search of electric buses but Michael gave a sterling peformance considering that it was totally off the cuff. Peter from Macmillan gave a fascinating account of his brush with cancer, how it has changed his life and how he is now keeping ridiculously fit.
We had representatives from, I think it was the Liss Men's Shed - thanks for coming guys (I can't find the relevant Shed on this site and TBH I was too hyped up last night to remember your names - can you drop me a line with the contacts please as I would like to try and arrange a return visit), and much interest was shown in the Shed's facilities - shame that we have had to impose a waiting list but all silver linings have to have a cloud somewhere on the horizon I guess.
Although it was not a fund-raising event as such, Macmillan did provide a bucket which landed up with £92.60 nestling in it