Signwriter Skills

Technoterri - Fawley
Fawley Men's Shed has been given a large Happy Birthday Banner 15' x 2' which we would like to recycle into a FAWLEY MEN'S SHED Banner. We are looking for advice as to feasibility and help with the signwriting. Has any Shed experience of a similar project? I have a budget of £25! Cheers Terri

Re: Signwriter Skills

Christchurch Shed
I had a similar challenge years ago - Writing the payee and money amount on a giant charity cheque.
The way I solved it was to pin the giant cheque on a smooth wall, use a computer to print the text onto an acetate sheet and then project that onto the cheque on the wall. (If you have a computer projector it is even easier).
It was then a relatively simple task of tracing round the projected text.
Regards,
Les Mercer
Christchurch Men's Shed.

Re: Signwriter Skills

Technoterri - Fawley
Thanks Les, for sharing your idea, its beyond my capabilities, but I will share it with the group and perhaps someone can translate it into action.
Our latest idea is self adhesive green letters to match our logo, on a brown oil painted rectangular background.

Fawley Men's Shed Logo

Cheers Terri
PS, I'm not a pirate, I'm wearing a patch to protect after a macular eye injection