TV Licences in MAN Sheds - what is the requirement??

TV Licences in MAN Sheds - what is the requirement??

Eddie Jenner WMS
What is the legal requirement for a TV Licence in an established standalone Mans Shed?

By established, I mean affiliated to an authorised County and/or National body where required i.e. recognised.

By standalone, I mean a building not used by any other group and where the members are owners or tenants.

Due to the nature of our membership, there is almost bound to be one local member over the age of 75, who is allowed free TV Licence.

Has any other Southern Mans Shed resolved this problem?

Re: TV Licences in MAN Sheds - what is the requirement??

SMS Network Coordinator
Administrator
I did an Internet Search particularly on the TV licensing website

It looks like you would need a TV License to view TV Programs at the shed.

Click the above link for more information.

Also open the following PDF document: TVLicence.pdf

I hope this helps to clarify your question.

If you need further clarification there is a phone number at the bottom of the attached TVLicence PDF which is 0300 790 6112

Steve.

Stephen Redrup (SMSN Co-ordinator)

Re: TV Licences in MAN Sheds - what is the requirement??

Eddiewj
Thanks Steve. I had already followed the same course, but wondered if any other Shed had resolved this question.
Ed of WMS Hampshire

"SMS Network Coordinator [via Southern Men's Shed Network Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

I did an Internet Search particularly on the TV licensing website

It looks like you would need a TV License to view TV Programs at the shed.

Click the above link for more information.

Also open the following PDF document: TVLicence.pdf

I hope this helps to clarify your question.

If you need further clarification there is a phone number at the bottom of the attached TVLicence PDF which is 0300 790 6112

Steve.

Stephen Redrup (SMSN Co-ordinator)

To start a new topic under General Discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Southern Men's Shed Network Forum, click here.
NAML