Why in the world would anyone want a wooden nail?

Why in the world would anyone want a wooden nail?

David Richardson
I have my Daughter to thank for drawing my attention to this:

https://www.treehugger.com/sustainable-product-design/why-world-would-anyone-want-wooden-nail.html

Re: Why in the world would anyone want a wooden nail?

kookie
we had wooden nails before we had metal nails and they were ment to swell to make a very tight finish kookie

Re: Why in the world would anyone want a wooden nail?

Technoterri - Fawley
The article is the answer and they are a better alternative to using metal nails on living trees

Re: Why in the world would anyone want a wooden nail?

Roger Evans
What a coincidences! I'm making a pillory - for children, and I've used mortise and tenon joints. To ensure the joints stay together I'm using wooden nails!
By the way the pillory is to stop them running around when we beat them!Wooden nails?