help

andovermensshed

foreman homes are looking to donate end of job offcuts to local sheds and they are asking that any shed that is interested to please contact the local foremans  building site for futher details or speak to kookie at andover shed.

Re: help

Andi Saunders
Eastleigh Mens Shed have been collecting these waste construction materials, particularly construction timber, ply and pallets from several local building sites for quite a while now. We have just entered agreements with Taylor Wimpey and Foreman Homes both with large developments on our door step. and lasting for around three years. To do this properly you will need to aquire a "Lower Tier Waste Carriers License" from the Environment Agency this is quite simple and done very quickly online at no cost and does not need renewing. You will obviously need transport, we usually use a 2 tonne trailer but also have the occasional use of a van. when collecting form most sites you will need to provide them with a waste transfer note, again you can download anexample or template from the internet, you will also need construction industry waste codes for the type of material you are collecting i.e. wood, metal etc.
If you want to know how best to contact the right person etc. or need any help in setting any of this up feel free to contact me andi@eastleighmensshed.co.uk or 07547 918966