Host and Agenda Items required for next meeting

Host and Agenda Items required for next meeting

SMS Network Coordinator
Administrator
Just a reminder that we would normally call another meeting around late July / early August.

As yet we don't have a volunteering shed to host the meeting.
If we can't find one then Fareham Men's Shed has offered to be a back up location for future meetings.

What we also urgently need is: -

    Offers to present an item for the agenda.
    Ideas for future agenda items.
    Ideas for open discussions.

Any ideas would be gratefully received, otherwise, at present we only have the basic repeated items.

Regards,

Steve Redrup.

Stephen Redrup (SMSN Co-ordinator)

Re: Host and Agenda Items required for next meeting

Alan Hawkins (Poole)
Hi Steve,
Pre pandemic we planned to host a network meeting and this matter was discussed at our recent Management Committee meeting and agreed I should follow up.

Circumstances have changed somewhat with travel and lingering COVID so with most of the SMS network in Hampshire would there be any interest in coming to Poole for a future meeting?

There are now several new or start-up sheds in Dorset so the alternative would be for us to hold an area meeting or a combine group.

If there is sufficient interest we would suggest a date during the school holiday break. (Oct or later).  We have 3, or is it 4, schools and nursery in nearby premises so rather chaotic at school run times and parking.

On subject matter for a talk we have had enquiries about talks on Estate Planning, also Care/ Nursing Home fees. Our local community Group may also be willing to give a short talk.

The premises we use has kitchen facilities and can be available, with free car-parking - subject to above . See location BH17 8PJ.

Let me know what you think.
Alan Hawkins -
Secretary - Poole Men's Shed

Re: Host and Agenda Items required for next meeting

SMS Network Coordinator
Administrator
Hi Alan,

Thanks for you post and offer.
I will contact you direct to discuss some aspects of your offer, but would suggest that I put it to the August meeting to get agreement.

Be in touch soon,.