LISS MENS SHED PROJECT UPDATE

SMS Network Coordinator
Administrator
(I was sent this update from Liss Men's Shed which I thought would be of interest)

October has been a busy month for the ‘shed’, as well as the ‘drop-in’ session at Newman Collard pavilion, we held our first committee meeting, our Advisor from Community First East Hampshire attended to cover governance, fund raising, charity status etc. Malcom Muggeridge led through the ‘draft’ of the website, ‘go live’ is mid-November,.

Dorothy Collard & Reverend Peter Coley presented a case to Liss Parish Council Facilities Committee for a ‘shared occupancy’ agreement at the Newman Collard workshop following revised working practices by the council. In late November the parish council will hopefully sanction discussions can begin on how shared occupation can work to the benefit of all involved.

The ‘drop in’ session produced more ‘signees’ to the project, the three sessions to date have seen 36 signees interested in the ’Shed’, much has come forth in terms of ideas, suggestions, gifts & donations of tools & equipment, one such donation organised by ‘shedder’ Ginette Starr is an 8’ x 6’ shed from RHS Garden Wisley, below is a photo showing Vice Chairman Danny Cronin receiving the shed from RHS Wisley Project Co-ordinator Nadine Collis, thanks also to Jeff Green & Chris Clark for the shed transportation, it will be used for the storage of donated tools & equipment.

Coomers Builders Merchants are sponsoring ‘high vis’ vests to wear at the Christmas Fair stall on 7th December, items made by ‘shedders’ will be sold to raise to raise funds & mark our launch to the village.

Danny Cronin thanks Nadine Collis of RHS Wisley
for the donation to Liss Mens Shed project
Stephen Redrup (SMSN Co-ordinator)