SMSN Website Problem

SMS Network Coordinator
Administrator
We are currently having a problem with the hosting server for our website.

The company has changed it's terms and conditions for Free Non-Profit organisations.
They now exclude the hosting of PDF's and other file types not directly associated with Web Pages.

As a result they have currently suspended our website as we have PDF's of previous meetings minutes, agendas and presentations, also we have a number of woodworking plans.

I am, therefore, in the process of either finding another free hosting offer or having to modify our website to find an alternative way of storing and making accessible, our meetings documents.

There has been very little interest in the woodworking plans, so I may remove these permanently from the website.

Please be patient and I will endeavour to get the website (and forum) back online.

Graham Gowmam, Chris Nixon and myself are hoping to have a get together soon to discuss the future possible dates and format for starting up our quarterly meetings again, face to face.

I will let you know in due course.

Thank you for your understanding,

Steve Redrup.

Stephen Redrup (SMSN Co-ordinator)

Re: SMSN Website Problem

SMS Network Coordinator
Administrator
Isn't technology wonderful (until it breaks down and you are trying to find the problem)

Well the website is back but the page addresses may look a little different because I've had to find an alternative hosting company.
The main problem now is that Google searches are still looking at the old hosting site, which is no longer available making it look like we no longer exist. Hopefully, Google will find the new host and start correctly repopulating the search results.

So what was the problem.......

Well on the positive side there appears to be companies checking the Internet for phishing websites.
Unfortunately they only seem to be doing it to protect the larger companies like Google, Microsoft, Facebook etc.
One of these companies is Netcraft who decided that our website was one of these phishing sites and sent a "takedown" report to the hosting company to suspend our account.

Without going into too much detail, I convinced Netcraft that this was a "False Positive" and got them to agree their findings were wrong and got them to rescind their report.
Unfortunately, when I went back to the hosting company they stated that they couldn't reactivate the account and I would have to find a different hosting company.
No real explanation, but the account is no longer available, hence I have had to move the site to another hosting company.

But we seem to be back up and running albeit with a few modifications.

On a more positive note, hopefully we will be able to have a face to face network meeting soon.

I will let you know as soon as we have one planned.

Regards,