UKMSA - A Recommended Free Website Builder

UKMSA - A Recommended Free Website Builder

SMS Network Coordinator
Administrator
Nearly half of the 400+ Men’s Sheds across the UK currently have a website. Some have built them without previous experience using a system devised by the Newbury based company, Hugo Fox. Here’s what they have said:

The Hugo Fox system makes it easy to build and manage; it’s completely free for non-profit organisations. It looks great on any device, desktop, mobile or tablet. You can have as many website pages as you require and you can load photographs, videos, sound clips, news and events. You can set email alerts to keep in touch with Shedders and your local community. You can personalise your website using your chosen domain name, and also integrate Google Analytics.

Have a look at the three Men’s Sheds on Hugo Fox:-

Frome www.hugofox.com/community/frome-men-s-shed-12888/about-us

Collingham www.hugofox.com/community/collingham-men-in-sheds-7867/about-us/

Alton www.hugofox.com/community/alton-men-s-shed-7793/about-us

Hugo Fox have offered to run training sessions on the system at the UKMSA Shed Fest.

For more information, visit https://www.hugofox.com/pricing#fndtn-community, or contact the Frome Men’s Shed at info@fromeshed.org.uk

Please let us know if you have similar experiences (good or bad) from other website suppliers – Contact admin@ukmsa.org.uk
Stephen Redrup (SMSN Co-ordinator)

Re: UKMSA - A Recommended Free Website Builder

HugoFox
Following on from the previous post, here is some more information about HugoFox.

At HugoFox we have built our business around the principle of connecting communities.  There are a wide variety of local groups and organisations that do not receive the support they desperately need from their communities, as their communities simply do not know that they are there. We can make sure this doesn’t happen to you.

At HugoFox we don’t only provide free websites to not-for-profit organisations, but we also provide free training to help you improve your digital skills and learn new ways to connect with your local community. This means that the only website cost to your organisations would be a domain name e.g www.YourOrganisationName.org.uk, and these typically cost £7-£15 per year, that money doesn’t go to us but we are happy to help you to set-up your domain name and link it to your HugoFox website. It’s all part of our great customer support team based in Hampshire.

Not only do we provide a free website, free training and free customer support, but we are also offering a transfer service. This means that we will move all of the information from your existing website onto a new HugoFox website; saving you valuable time!

What’s the catch?! I hear you say, there really isn’t one. Simply put, the more websites we provide to not-for-profit organisations, the stronger our SEO becomes (Search Engine Optimisation – this is how high up your website appears on Google and other search engines). We then offer this benefit to businesses (for £6-£14 per month), so we profit from the improved SEO that you help us to create. This means that local businesses are supporting community organisations by funding the platform that they can use for free and, the local organisations are helping the local businesses and other community groups to appear higher on Google; that is all done by simply having a HugoFox website.

It’s so easy to create and update a HugoFox website and you have the additional benefit of supporting your local community just by having a website. If you are interested in a website, or simply want to have a chat about our offer, please email us on team@hugofox.com or phone us on 01635 291 271. We would be happy to talk you through the process and get your community group online!