UKMSA Insurance Message from August Newsletter

UKMSA Insurance Message from August Newsletter

SMS Network Coordinator
Administrator
UKMSA has once again been negotiating with insurance representatives and this time we believe real progress will be made. Although we are still consulting different bodies one broker (the current agent for Hackspaces) has made himself very familiar with Sheds by discussion and visits and has been getting positive responses from insurers to proposals for a group scheme. At the present time they are able to offer £2m of public liability insurance for Sheds for £150 plus IPT but are hopeful that this will be reduced by more than a third in a group scheme. This is a lower premium than any other we have had to date. Subject to negotiation access will be via a dedicated portal where Sheds can choose what levels and types of insurance they want whilst viewing the associated charges. Although this offer may yet be 2 months away we suggest Sheds looking to insure in the meantime should consult this broker and if a UKMSA scheme does go ahead we will endeavour to reimburse the difference in premium in due course. Contact John Mitchell, Export and General Insurance services on

Desk:                       0208 255 0617  Mobile:  07768 865983

Email:                      john.mitchell@exportandgeneral.co.uk
Stephen Redrup (SMSN Co-ordinator)