Grants for IT and design software

ShirleyMensShed
Hi all,

We are thinking of applying for a grant for IT equipment from this organisation: http://www.netsolutionswales.co.uk/e-nsw-2/grants.html

Just wondering if anyone has used them before?

Also we are thinking of getting some design software for our members to use in the shed, ideally to use with a 3D printer in the future. Does anyone have any recommendations apart from AutoCAD?

Any help appreciated.

Andy.
Sent on behalf of Shirley Men’s Shed

Re: Grants for IT and design software

chris nixon
Fusion by Autodesk is one of the leaders and if you paly it right it's

FREE

If you get each of the users to apply for their own personal account you can install the software on a machine(s) and users then logon with their own account. There are some limitations but I have not yet run into one with 3d PRINTING CAD/CAM is a affected more.
Alternatively TinkerCAD is pretty straightforwrd and extremely useful for different tasks

You can have a look here for free software

Then there are the paid versions but I haven't seen a need for one yet.

If you want to chat about it get in touch.

Re: Grants for IT and design software

Petersfield Men's Shed
Andy,
What was the outcome of contacting these people?
http://www.netsolutionswales.co.uk/e-nsw-2/grants.html

Re: Grants for IT and design software

Petersfield Men's Shed
Andy,
Where did you find this outfit?

I thought that I'd have a quick check up of the company because the website wasn't very professional considering the services they were offering.
The result which I found very quickly was that the company was dissolved on 22 June 2010.
Here's the URL for this on Companies House - GOV.UK

Re: Grants for IT and design software

ShirleyMensShed
Hi,

In the end we did not follow up with that company. We were lucky to be gifted a good laptop from someone as part of his company’s charity initiative.

In addition we have just applied for a lottery grant for a laser printer/etcher/cutter with associated software.