TWAM (Tools With A Mission) - Request

SMS Network Coordinator
Administrator

Photo: Stephen, one of our volunteer tool collectors, receiving a sewing machine from long-term supporter Rudy.

Can you help give some time to TWAM?

Tools with a Mission is a Christian Charity that transforms lives across Africa through the gift of skills, training and tools. Our mission statement sums it up:

We collect usable donated tools, refurbish them, sort them into trade kits and send them to the developing world for livelihood creation.

This is where you come in. Like all charities, we do ask for money, but not today. Today we are asking for your help recruiting volunteers to give us some of their precious time because the donated tools have to be collected by volunteers.

We send 18 containers packed with over 200 tonnes of tools to Africa annually, all down to volunteers. That amounts to over 450,000 individual tools every year being placed into the hands of people who will use them to transform their lives and communities.

Could you help us promote our need for volunteers?

It’s a great way to encourage individuals, groups, Churches and even Mens to reach out to their communities.

Several men's Sheds have set themselves up as Collection points or local groups, enabling people in their local community to donate their tools to TWAM, carrying out some refurbishment.

Tywiing Mens Shed has recently joined us, but there are several others, and we would love to engage with more and forge partnerships.

Even if you did not feel that you could become a TWAM collection point or local group, you could consider us for Tools surplus to what you can use or to redirect members of the public if you are getting full.

There are some significant reasons for supporting a charity such as ours in this way.

 You are helping others less fortunate than yourselves.

Helping and giving others an opportunity to earn a living

Environmental benefits as it keeps tools that can be reused out of landfills.

This is all part of a big and exciting plan!

There is so much demand for our tools that we need to double in size to have a chance to meet the demand. So we opened a new large Refurbishment Centre in the Midlands late last year. This is why we need many more collectors and refurbishers; we need to collect and refurbish many more tools.

Could you help us by passing on information to your members or other sheds in the area?

Could you become a Collection point or local group for TWAM?

I’d love to discuss what we do and how you could support our volunteer recruitment and answer your questions.  There are so many benefits for all of us, and it would be great to talk these through with you. If you are interested, please do get in touch with me.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

To find out more about TWAM, please visit our website, twam.uk

Or to explore all our volunteer opportunities, please visit our dedicated volunteer website, timefortwam.uk

Paul Daley

Volunteering Coordinator

Tools with a Mission

Empowering people with the tools that create livelihoods and transform lives

Registered office: 2 Bailey Close, Hadleigh Road Industrial Estate, Ipswich, IP2 0UD
Registered charity in England and Wales no: 1104903   Company no: 5114575   VAT Registration Number 347292286

Stephen Redrup (SMSN Co-ordinator)