Isle of Wight Shed fest 2019 (9th July)

SMS Network Coordinator

Isle of Wight Shed fest 2019

Isle of Wight Men in Sheds are hosting a ’Shed Fest’, offering men’s sheds from across the region the chance to celebrate Men’s sheds and what they mean to the members of their communities.

This will be a public event, enabling education and engagement work with potential new members and supporters.

The Venue is
Wight Aviation Museum (and Sandown Aviation Shed)
Sandown Airport
Isle of Wight

On: - Tuesday 9th July 2019

Timing to be confirmed but likely to be lunchtime onwards. Spaces for stalls (if you want them ) will be free for Men’s Sheds. As well as the sheds we are looking to provide live music, BBQ, and other attractions.

This is about Celebrating the Shed, and all that’s good about them.

We are also looking to arrange trips out to other sheds in the area (including the engineering shed at Browns Golf Course, which is restoring a 1930’s power station).

More details will be sent out on booking a space at the event etc. But if you are interested in sending representatives from your shed, please get in touch with Kookie (Brian Cooke), who is organising logistics and ferry crossings.

His email address is brian.cooke@hotmail.co.uk
And his mobile is 07776 216 516

For general questions, please get in touch with myself.

We all look forward to seeing you there.

Lois Prior

Men in Sheds Coordinator (I.O.W.)

Normal working hours M-F 9am – 5pm. I am often out of the office so please contact reception if urgent.
Direct Dial: 01983 301334
Reception Telephone: 01983 525282

Stephen Redrup (SMSN Co-ordinator)

regional meeting

andovermensshed
good evening to all the sheds and shedders in the south
next regional meeting
                                       SMSN Regional meeting
                                            July 9th Tuesday
                                     Sandown Aviation Museum
                                       programme details to be announced soon

  Red Funnel have offer all members a 15% discount on travel over the 8th-10th July period Southampton

I am awaiting details from Wightlink Portsmouth about travel details

for further information please ring brian 07776216516 or brian.cooke@hotmail.co.uk

Re: regional meeting

SMS Network Coordinator
Administrator

Discounts for the visit 20% from Wight link and 15% for red funnel codes to forward to me soon.

Contact me for further details (see contact details on previous post)

brian

Stephen Redrup (SMSN Co-ordinator)

Re: Isle of Wight Shed fest 2019 (9th July)

SMS Network Coordinator

Dear Shedders

ShedFEST is happening on 9th July at Sandown Airport . As well as island Shedders we also have:

Classic vehicles

Vintage bus

CPR training

Talks from prostate cancer, Mental health, Scams awareness and more

Tomahawk throwing (don’t ask)

And of course the Wight Aviation Museum will be open – an amazing collection of the history of flight on the Isle of Wight from wooden bi-planes to space rockets.

Refreshments (inc a small beer horse box), live music (from some of our shed men and others) and if they are still going, a chance to watch skydivers who are raising funds for age UK .

We would love as many shedders as possible to come over. Car sharing is often cheaper than using foot passenger tickets. Brian Cooke brian.cooke@hotmail.co.uk has the codes for discounted ferry travel.

As well as the activities above, (almost) all of the island sheds will be having stands there, as a chance to tell the world exactly what goes on in their sheds, to sell items and produce, and to encourage new members to join. (the event will be open to the public as well).

This event is a celebration of men’s sheds, and the more men we have, the bigger the celebration!

If you would like your shed to host a stand, please can you complete the attached booking form and return it to: Shedfest@ageukiw.org.uk ASAP.

please have booking forms for stands returned to us by Friday 21st June

For those who are coming along without a stand, would it be possible to let me know roughly how many will be coming as it all help with our logistics. I will be sending out posters soon.

I look forward meeting you on 9th July.

Lois Prior

Men in Sheds Coordinator

Normal working hours M-F 9am – 5pm. I am often out of the office so please contact reception if urgent.

Direct Dial: 01983 301334

Reception Telephone: 01983 525282

Booking_Form_SMSN.pdf
Stephen Redrup (SMSN Co-ordinator)

Wight Link Discount Booking Details

SMS Network Coordinator
VALIDITY OF OFFER:  MONDAY 8 JULY – WEDNESDAY 10 JULY 2019

HOW TO BOOK CARS/VANS UP TO 5M IN LENGTH

BY TELEPHONE:
1.         Contact the Call Centre on 0333 9997 333 (calls charged at local rate)
2.         State to operator that you wish to book a promotional offer quoting Promotion Code SP19SHED
3.         Give operator full details of booking required (Date, Time and Port of travel for outward and return journeys, vehicle type, passengers number etc)
4.         A booking will be made (subject to availability) and payment will be required at this stage (by credit card)
5.         A £5.00 admin fee will apply to bookings made over the phone for cars/vans up to 5m in length.

ONLINE:
1.         Go to the Wightlink website www.wightlink.co.uk
2.         On the Home Page there is a box at the top of the page titled START YOUR BOOKING. Complete booking details and you will then be taken to the availability screen.
3.         Complete the remainder of booking details requested.
4.         The Promotion Code SP19SHED should be entered on Step 4 in the Promotion Code box,
            (which is located at the bottom of the page).
            PLEASE NOTE THAT THE PROMOTION CODE IS CASE SENSATIVE AND SHOULD BE ENTERED
            AS CAPITAL LETTERS.

            When the code is entered it will re-calculate the price of the booking and take the discount off.
5.         Payment will be required at time of booking.

CONDITIONS
Wightlink uses Flexi-Pricing for its public car fares, which means that prices are not static and may increase in line with demand for particular crossings.

The sooner a booking is made, the more likely a lower fare will be offered and prices will generally get higher the closer you get to the sailing date, particularly during busier times.  Bookings for this offer must be made and paid in advance.  All sailings are subject to availability.

The discount cannot be claimed retrospectively for bookings that have already been made and paid for and cannot be used in conjunction with any other Wightlink Promotional offers.

Depending on the type of ticket purchased cancellation and amendment fees may apply.  These will be clearly advised/shown at the time of booking.  Please note we require all customers to be at the port for check-in no later than 30 minutes prior to sailing times.

I trust this is of assistance.

Kind regards.

Maria Johnson | Business Development Administrator
Wightlink Limited | Gunwharf Road, Portsmouth, PO1 2LA | www.wightlink.co.uk
T: 023 92 855212 | E: mariajohnson@wightlink.co.uk

Stephen Redrup (SMSN Co-ordinator)

Red Funnel Booking Discount Details

SMS Network Coordinator
Please see below the code to send to your guests.

Code: SHEDDERS
Discount: 15% Off The Public Rates
Uses: 300
Dates: 8/7/2019 > 10/7/2019

Please call if you have any questions.

Kindest Regards
Geoff Crouch
Group & Leisure Coordinator
Suite E (North), First Floor, The Columbine, Venture Quays, East Cowes, Isle of Wight, PO32 6EZ
T. 023 8024 8559
E. gcrouch@redfunnel.co.uk
Stephen Redrup (SMSN Co-ordinator)

shedfest

andovermensshed
hi all thank you to all that attended the shedfest at Sandown Aviation museum I as a board member would welcome your comments about the day Good, Bad, or otherwise. brian
Q! who would visit the isle next year?
Q2 who would like one on the mainland.
Q3 what sheds would help set it up and run it.
Q4 site that you think we might be able to run a shedfest 2020
 brian for the ukmsa board
this is something that I plan to get the boards help with over the winter for next year.

Isle of Wight Shed fest 2019

SMS Network Coordinator
What a Success

I would just like to congratulate Lois Prior and her team for organising the first IOW Shed Fest.

In my opinion (and many that I have heard), it was a roaring success.
I counted about 10 Sheds from the Mainland and 6 from the IOW.
I believe over 350 people attended.

Several items were of particular interest.

NHS Mobile Health Check seemed very popular.
I also personally enjoyed the music stand, but was a bit troubled with the Axe Throwing (see picture below).

Several of the talks at Speakers Corner appeared to be well attended as was the Aviation Museum.

But there were also plenty of other stands that kept us interested.
So well done everyone who contributed and also for those sheds that made the difficult journey across the Solent.

Can I also thank Kookie for arranging the discounts with the ferry companies.

Regards,

Steve Redrup.

Axe Throwing......Ooops

""I warned him not to turn his back on me again!!!""

Mystery on the Day - What is this tool used for?

Many guesses but were any of them correct!!!

Don't Ask Me!

Stephen Redrup (SMSN Co-ordinator)